Raspberry & Milk Drumstick Squashies Cupcakes
These cupcakes are very simply presented but absolutely delicious to taste, lovely eaten just on their own with a cup of tea or coffee, or serve as a dessert.
Makes 12 – 14
Preparation time: 10 minutes for cupcakes and 15 minutes for decoration
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 80g Drumstick Original Squashies Raspberry & Milk, cut into ¼’s
- 165g Soft margarine
- 165g Caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs, beaten
- 165g Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100g Unsalted softened butter
- 250g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Milk
3 Squashies per cupcake to decorate
Dusting of icing sugar – optional
- Place cupcake or muffin cases into a 6 or 12 holder muffin tin. Preheat the oven to 180⁰/ 160⁰ Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- Place all the cupcake ingredients in a large mixing bowl apart from the Squashies, beat together with an electric hand whisk for 2 minutes until light and fluffy then stir the cut Squashies into the mixture.
- Divide the cake mixture between the cupcake cases filling approximately 2/3 full per case.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes until golden brown. Allow the cakes to cool on a cooling tray.
- Beat together the ingredients for the butter cream.
- When cakes are cold, pipe the buttercream on top of each cake and decorate with Squashies, dust with icing sugar if desired.