Real Love Hearts – 21 Acts of True Love From Swizzels Sweet Survey 2020
Well, here we are with 2020’s finish line in sight. It’s been a funny one, hasn’t it? But as Christmas approaches it’s time to think of more positive things. So, for our last blog post of the year, we thought we’d share with you our very favourite thing from the Swizzels sweets 2020 survey. And we hope that you love the answers as much as we do.
21 Acts of True Love From the Swizzels Sweet Survey 2020
Swizzels Love Hearts are all about creating the cutest of moments. So, we asked our customers: what is the most romantic thing that you’ve ever done?
We received so many lovely answers. Beaches and romantic walks featured a lot. There were proposals aplenty, and even more cakes baked and meals lovingly prepared. Many of you lovely people have shared Love Hearts – including one lucky husband who’s had Love Hearts hidden in his sandwiches! And several couples who included them in their wedding plans – one person even made a Love Heart engagement ring! We’re not sure of the logistics, how it was made or if it was edible, but we’d certainly love to see it!
But of all the very many answers that we received, these are our favourites.
- Driven a hundred miles to see my sweetheart for 30 mins
- Sent love letters whilst away on courses/ Wrote someone a whole month of daily letters to open whilst they were travelling. You can’t beat a good old fashioned love letter when it comes to romance!
- I got my partner a dart, a map of Europe and a blind fold and told him to throw it to pick his birthday weekend destination.
- Moved 300 miles to be with my other half.
- Marrying my pen pal.
- Bought my husband a printed framed copy of our song for our 22nd wedding anniversary.
- Proposed to my wife at her place of work in front of a class of primary school children. Not sure about romantic, but it’s certainly brave!
- I was leaving to go to my house in another city, but decided to get off the train and go back to stay with her for good.
- Told my husband he is going to be a daddy on his birthday this year. Awwwwww!
- Danced with my husband to the ‘Wichita Line Man’, before his 60th birthday party 💜
- I proposed to my now fiancé (he said yes!) with a ring tied to a personalised Christmas bauble. Well, how could we not include this one, given the season?
- Created an Italian night for my partner when our flights were cancelled.
- Arranged for my husband to take penguins for a walk. Well, if that’s not romantic, we don’t know what is!
- I booked my boyfriend a getaway and arranged time off for him secretly with work. He had no idea until the day.
- Played a grand piano for an event with my wife-to-be as page turner on the seat beside me. How very Jane Austen!
- I booked a surprise trip to London for me and my other half to go see the Lion King in the theatre. He won on the romance that day though as he proposed in the middle of Leicester Square after I made him walk around London for 8 miles saying no to every bar and restaurant he tried to get me in 🙈😂
- Spent Xmas eve in a log cabin hot tub with sweets, champagne and it snowed.
- Left notes for my partner to follow around the house which lead to chocolates champagne and me
- Organised 50 different presents for my fiancé’s 50th birthday
- Arranged for his favourite football team to send him a personal letter on the day we got married.
- Saying ‘I love you’. Because, most of the time, that’s all we really need.
And finally, we can’t finish up without mentioning this response:
‘Umm I hugged my cat the other day. He looked horrified but I think he really did enjoy it. He was just pretending.’
We think so too… Here’s wishing you, your cat – and everyone else – a purrrfect Christmas and New Year!