Raspberry & Milk Drumstick Squashies Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate brownies anyone? Whether you like them with whipped cream, a dollop of ice cream, or simply on their own, these brownies are utterly delicious.
Makes: 15 – 20 brownie squares
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 – 55 minutes
Oven temperature: Preheated at 150°C/140°C Fan/Gas Mark 2
- 160g Bag of Drumstick Original Squashies Raspberry & Milk, reserving 10 and cut these in half lengthwise cut the remaining into ¼’s
- 4 Medium size eggs
- 150g Soft brown sugar
- 250g Butter
- 1 x 397g Can of condensed milk
- 200g 70% Cocoa solids dark chocolate
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 100g Self-raising flour
- 75g Ground almonds
- Extra Squashies for decoration
- Line a 20cm x 20cm or 23cm x 23cm ovenproof baking tin with baking parchment, or use a silicone case set on a baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water (not boiling).
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together for a full 4 – 5 minutes until pale, thickened and full of air bubbles.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk briefly until just combined.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes, then quickly add the Squashie halves to the top, return to the oven and cook until the mix loses its glossy appearance and starts to crack on the surface. The ultimate brownie should be crumbly on the outside but still moist in the centre.
- Leave to cool on a cooling tray but keep in the tin until completely cold. Cut into squares and store in an airtight tin.
Suitable for home freezing for up to 1 month.