Raspberry Panna Cotta
A Squashies take on the Italian classic… the Panna Cotta.Fancy giving it a go?
You will need:
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 250ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split length-ways, seeds scraped out
- 25g sugar
- 3 tbsp of fruit puree or raspberry jam
- 145g Squashies Original Raspberry and Milk sweets
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer.Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off the heat.Stir until the gelatine leaves have dissolved.
- Place the sweets into a bowl and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds until soft.Add a splash of boiling water and stir hard.Once soft, mix in the fruit puree or jam.
- Divide the mixture in two and mix one half of the panna cotta with the fruit and sweet mixture.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins, using half the vanilla and half of the sweet mixture and leave to cool.Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.
- To serve, turn each panna cotta out onto a serving plate.Spoon over the spare fruit puree and garnish with Summer berries.