Rhubarb & Custard Crumble
We are kicking off with our Squashies take on a classic pudding – Squashies Rhubarb and Custard Crumble ??Fancy giving it a go?
You will need:
- 500g fresh rhubarb
- 145g Squashies Rhubarb and Custard sweets
- 8 tbsp caster sugar
- 110g of butter, softened
- 200g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Wash and trim the ends from the rhubarb, then cut into 4cm lengths.Place on an oven try and sprinkle over half the sugar and 4 tablespoons of water.Roast for 10 minutes.
- Rub the butter into the flour then, mix in the remaining sugar to make the crumble topping.
- Add the Squashies Rhubarb and Custard sweets to the roasted rhubarb.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the rhubarb and the sweets and bake for 35–45 minutes, or until the crumble topping is crisp and golden-brown and the rhubarb filling has softened and is bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with double cream or ice cream.