White Chocolate and Drumstick Squashies Cookies
Makes 14 – 16
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Oven temperature: 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4
- 80g Drumstick Original Squashies Raspberry & Milk, cut into 6’s
- 200g Plain flour and a little extra for dusting
- 80g White chocolate
- 75g Butter, softened
- 75g Soft dark brown sugar
- 1 Medium egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ tbsp Milk
- Break the chocolate into individual sections and then cut into small chunks. Reserve 1/3rd of the chocolate for the topping.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy; gradually beat in the egg and flour, followed by the chopped chocolate. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk and beat into the creamed mixture. stir in the cut Squashies.
- Bring the mixture together by hand. Turn out onto a surface dusted with flour. Shape into a sausage, cut down the middle and then divide each section into 7 – 8, making 14 – 16 in total. Roll each section into a round.
- Place a sheet of baking parchment onto a cooking tray, place approximately 8 rounds on the tray and flatten each with the palm of the hand. Top with a little of the chopped white chocolate. Bake until just firm to the touch. Leave to harden and crisp before transferring to a cooling tray.
These cookies are not suitable for freezing.