Sweets in a jar terms and conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter the Swizzels 2017 “Halloween Sorted” Sweets in a Jar Competition, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to abide by them.
- The promoter is: Swizzels Matlow Limited (company no 00562269) whose registered office is at Carlton House, Albion Road, New Mills, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 3HA.
- Employees of Swizzels Matlow Limited or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition. The competition is open to residents of UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Opening and closing dates: The competition is open from Monday 16th October 2017. Entries must be submitted by midnight on Friday 20th October at 11.59pm. Swizzels Matlow Ltd reserves the right to amend the competition end and/or date at any time.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Entry guide: Entrants must comment on the video with their guess as to how many sweets are in the jar.
- How the prize will be awarded: If one entrant guesses the number of sweets correctly, then they will win. But if we have multiple entrants who guess correctly, then those users will be entered into a random prize draw Any decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winning entrant will be contacted in a reply to their entry. The selected winner must then private message the Facebook page with their postal details to claim the prize.
- Points of entry: This competition is open across Facebook (www.facebook.com/swizzels), Twitter (www.twitter.com/SwizzelsMatlow) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/swizzels_sweets). Users must comment on the competition video to enter. Users may enter the competition once per channel; however, there will be only one winner selected from eligible entries across all of the social channels listed. Swizzels are not responsible for any entries that have failed submission.
- The prize is a hamper of sweets.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- The winners will be notified by email within 7 days of being selected. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.