DrumChick Squashies Easter Nests
Everyone’s either made or enjoyed a chocolate Easter nest at some point in their life. They have become something of a tradition, a bit like mince pies at Christmas, but we’re here to help you upgrade yours in the easiest way possible.
Enter, DrumChick Squashies! Pop our cute little chicks into your nests for an eye catching yet simple to make treat.
Read on for our complete Easter nest recipe, with a delicious DrumChick twist!
Ingredients and equipment to make 8 nests:
- 80g Shredded Wheat Cereal
- 1 Bag of 160g DrumChick Squashies
- 200g Milk and Dark Chocolate (the ratio depends which chocolate you prefer!)
- Zest of Half an Orange
- 8 Cupcake Cases
- Heat-proof Bowl
- Heat your chocolate in a bowl by sitting over a pan of simmering (but not boiling) water. Once melted, mix in your orange zest.
- Crumble in the Shredded Wheat cereal. Mix well until all the Shredded Wheat is covered in chocolate.
- Spoon your mixture into the cupcake cases, making sure to leave an indent in the middle for your chicks to sit!
- Pop in the fridge until fully set.
- Once your nests are firmly set, bring them out of the fridge and carefully place your DrumChick Squashies into each one. Depending on the size of your cases you can fit one, two or three Drumchicks per nest.
- Now enjoy your Easter treats and show off to your friends and family!