Gooey Rainbow Drops Chocolate Brownies
A little indulgence served with whipped cream or crème frâiche or on their own with a cuppa.
Makes: 16 portions
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- 170g butter
- 150g dark chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 3 large eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 85g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g Rainbow Drops
- 50g marshmallows
- 25g white chocolate, melted
- 10g Rainbow Drops
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm x 20cm square tin with butter and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter, chocolate and coffee in a bowl and melt over a pan of steaming water.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy, then whisk in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Sieve together the flour and cinnamon and fold into the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon along with the Rainbow Drops and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The top should be hard and cracking and the middle soft. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and it is advisable to remove the greaseproof paper while the brownie is still just warm.
- When cold, drizzle the brownie with the melted white chocolate and sprinkle with Rainbow Drops
- Cut into 16 portions and serve.