Squashies Cupcake Flower Bouquet
By Jemma Webster
How amazing do these cupcakes look, made by Jemma Webster’s six-year-old son for Mother’s Day? Perfect to make for your loved one.
Makes: 12 Cupcakes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Oven temperature: Preheated at C/C Fan/Gas Mark
- 110g Caster sugar
- 110g Butter (room temp)
- 110g Self-raising flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 140g Butter, softened
- 1-2 tbsps. Milk
- 280g Icing sugar
- 160g Bag of Drumstick Squashies Original Raspberry & Milk
- 175g Bag of Drumstick Squashies Rhubarb & Custard
- To make the cupcake sponge beat the butter and sugar together and then add the eggs one at a time and give it a good mix.
- Slowly add the flour (my son chucked it all in at once and it went up in a puff of white smoke so slowly is best ha ha!)
- Then add the milk before spooning the mixture into the baking cases (about halfway).
- Pop them in the oven for about 12 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean. Wait for them to cool completely before icing. Providing your child doesn’t eat the cake mix before it gets to the cases it makes 12!
- To make the buttercream beat together the above ingredients until smooth.
- Then spread the buttercream neatly on top of each cupcake, not worrying too much about perfection as the Squashies are the star of the show and mask a multitude of (six-year-old) sins!
- Decorate with both flavours of Squashies arranging in pretty flower shapes and popping a sweet or blob of coloured icing in the middle of each one!
- My little one drew his stems in felt tip but if you have leftover buttercream and green food colouring you could pipe them.
- Top with a big bow and give to your loved one!