Rainbow and Oat Cookies
Makes 22 -24 cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 18 – 20 minutes per batch
- 250g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 110g light brown sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 175g porridge oats
- 80g Rainbow Drops
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/ Gas Mark 5. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or a non-stick liner.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and oats and mix well.
- Add the milk to bind together then add the Rainbow Drops and mix again.
- Place spoonful’s of mixture onto baking sheet in a rough ball shape, flatten the top.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tray.
Drumstick Squashies Rocky Road
Makes 16 pieces
Ready in: 90 minutes
- 10 oat biscuits (150g), broken into small pieces
- 225g milk chocolate
- 85g butter
- 85g golden syrup
- 50g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 160g pack Drumstick Milk & Raspberry Drumstick Squashies – 125g cut into thirds and the remainder in quarters
- Lightly grease and base line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin.
- Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate together in a large bowl placed over a pan of hot but not boiling water.
- Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Place the biscuits, nuts and 125g of the Squashies into the melted chocolate mix and combine together. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and level with the back of a spoon.
- Top with the remaining quartered Squashies. Refrigerate for 60 minutes
- Ease the rocky rad from the tin and remove the greaseproof paper. Mark into portions and chill until serving.